Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday Hell

The Holidays.  That wonderful time of year where Families get together and share in the joy of the season.  Stores play delightful Holiday music to get everyone in the mood to buy more crap. 

I must admit I do like the holidays- usually.  Mostly I like the food. Pumpkin Pie, vegetable stuffing, ham, Brisket with tons of gravy...oh and latkas. Oh how I love latkas with sour cream and chives, and my mother-in-law's brisket.  But not this year.

This year I can't eat any of the stuff I want- well at least on Thanksgiving- Hanukkah & Christmas are yet to be determined.  I guess I'll find out on the 29th.

So yesterday I spent 2 1/2 hours wrapping presents because I don't know if I'll be able to wrap anything after the 29th- because I don't know what exactly the doctor will.  This brings me to the conclusion that I am in fact a control freak. (So everyone else is right, I should stop denying it.) I need to have a plan, I must know what to expect so that I can plan.  I am very big on having a plan of action.  I can't plan, I don't know what is going to happen so I can't plan.  It is driving me crazy.  I hate not knowing what is going on.  Should I plan on making latkas the first night of Hanukkah?  (which is the 1st of December)  or will I still be in the hospital.  For that matter will I miss Hanukkah with Bill's family on Friday?   What about Christmas?  I always do Christmas (what with not being Jewish and all- it just makes sense- Bill's family isn't going to do it).  Will I be able to?  Will I be a raging, hormonal, menopausal mess?  Or maybe I will be fine?  How am I going to take care of the boys next week?  Even if he doesn't do the big surgery and just looks around a bit, I will still have stitches and be out of it for a couple of days, that's extremely dangerous around my boys.  I can't sit down around when the are awake.  Ah so you wonder if I say that, how am I writing this??? simple- they are eating- that always keeps them in one place for about 10-15 minutes. 

But on the bright side- I should get a good nap on the 29th.  I just hope I don't start blabbing away at the doctor again.

When he did the scope, apparently when I was waking up I told him that even though he was an asshole I loved him anyway.  He is an asshole, but like Dr. House- he is a great doctor.  Not so good looking, not so cool, but funny in an asshole sort of way. :) 

I am babbling but, isn't that what the Internet is for? 

I am disappointed that I won't get to see my uncle for at least one holiday.  I would also really like to see my brother and meet his family, but since the price of plane tickets seems to be going up not down I don't think that will be possible for some time.  It would be really nice.  My brother, it seems has grow up to be a really cool guy, who married a really cool lady and together they made really cool, very cute kids!.

Someday, I am sure. 

Well, I am off to do laundry, cleaning, chasing the boys,  get to the library, mail out various holiday cards, get everything organized just in case I am out of commission for 8 weeks.  I hate not knowing almost as much as I hate surgery, I know.... control freak.  Could be worse :)

No comments: