Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving- yeah

So its Thanksgiving... whoopty doo.  For some reason this year I am having a hard time getting into the spirit of things.  I think its great that we have set aside one day out of the year to be thankful.  Although, I think alot of people miss that point, and like so many other holidays it has just become another excuse to have us spend money-few have to spare now. Although an extra day of football is never a bad idea.

But I am thankful for alot.  My Husband and children are a blessing that some days I don't think I deserve, even though they drive me crazy most of the time:).  I am thankful for my husband's family, who have been so accepting, supportive and loving all these years.  I am thankful that I have found my brother and uncle and they are happy and well.  I am thankful we have a house and my husband has a good job and we have insurance, alot of people don't.  We have what we need and we have each other. I could go on, but I won't.
I am thankful I found this blogging thing- its a good way to write down my thoughts & feelings. Even if I am the only person who reads it lol.

I still wonder though, why turkey??  why not chicken? 

No comments: