Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday, Mammogram Postponed, Seder & Storms

Finally, its Friday! I had to reschedule the mammogram, because Bill has his monthly staff meeting which just happens to start at the same time my appointment was.  He thought the meeting was yesterday.  Anyway, I am not happy and happy at the same time.  Happy, because I really didn't want to go get squished.  Unhappy, because now I have to wait, yet another week to find out what is going on.  I am trying not to obsess or even think about it, but its hard, I don't like not knowing.  :)

So, tonight we go to Nana & Papa's for the Seder dinner, it is still Passover, after all. I love Passover.  Of all of the Jewish holidays, it is by far my favorite.  I think it is because it involves several of my favorite activities.  You get to drink alot of wine, I like wine.  You get to read a really cool story about vengeance, and why it is a bad idea to irritate Jews.  Then there is food.  Lots of food.  And some more wine.  There is also singing at the dinner table.  Lots of loud rambunctious singing.  And a little more Wine.  Its just a overall great holiday. 
I didn't find any dress pants for the boys, so they will wear jeans, no big deal.  I did find some nice shirts, so that will work. 
Papa has a tendency to go pretty quickly over the plagues, so the boys mostly miss what he says, they have also been too young in the past to actually know whats going on.  I think this year, Aden may at least understand some of what is going on. 
Several years ago, I watch a movie, called ' The Devil's Arthimetic'.  It had the girl from the original Spiderman Movie, I don't remember her name, but the cute blond girl. Anyway, she plays a Jewish teenager that doesn't want to go to Seder, because she thinks its a waste of time. And of course, in the way of movies, she learns different.  It is a great movie, but it made me bawl like a baby for most of it.  But it is still a really good movie. 
The boys are still way to young to watch it, it deals with the holocaust, but eventually, they will watch it.
Speaking of the boys, they are so excited to go to Nana's. But then, they usually are.  The trick will be to keep my sanity until we go.  They tend to be harder to control when they are excited :)

They are already driving me nuts.  Aden had to start off the morning by coming into my room at 5:06 am and telling me what time it was.  I told him fine, he could go downstairs.  Which he didn't.  He went in to his room and proceeded to wake Evan up.  Evan was not ready to get up.  So, Evan is still cranky and probably will be all day. 
I am hoping that I will be able to figure out the video camera I got Bill.  I have never seen anything so small.  Its the size of a credit card. But, it is really cool! If I can't, no worries, I still have the digital camera.

Well it appears that the storm has finally reached us.  Its been raining with a bit of occasional thunder for the last couple of hours, but now it's shaking the house.  I love a good storm.  They aren't calling for much severe weather.  Only golf ball size hail, frequent lightening strikes and some strong, damaging winds.  Nope, that doesn't sound severe to me.  Flooding though.  There could be some flooding.  Aden asked if the whole world was going to flood.  I said no, not today, its Passover, it may rain frogs, but we'll be okay :)

Bill is off to his meeting & I am off to see if I can't get something accomplished this morning.

No comments: