Saturday, April 9, 2011

Idiot of the Week

Friday....
I am pretty sure I am delusional.  I always had this dumb idea that as I got older, I was getting smarter.  That is apparently not the case.  I have had allergies since I was very little.  Not just a little sniffle here and there, but severe, choking on my own snot, can't breath, sort of allergies.  I suppose it would be good for me to avoid those things that trigger my allergies.  The only problem with this course of action is that I am allergic to EVERYTHING.  Maybe not rocks, if they don't have dirt on them, but pretty much everything else.  All animals, cats. dogs, rabbits, ferrets, cows horses, not sure about pigs.  Anything with feathers.  Anything that grows, trees, flowers, grass, small children.  Anything and everything.  You would think, that since I have had this little issue since I was little, that I would be expecting my allergies to get really bad in the spring.  The trees starting to bloom, should have been a big clue.
But no, not me.  Why?  because I am an idiot.  Who doesn't pay attention.  When Aden started getting snotty, I thought , 'well, I have the neti pot, I'll just make sure to use that twice everyday, and with that and the benedryl, I'll be fine.
But when around 12pm yesterday, when I suddenly couldn't breath or stop sneezing, for some strange reason, I was very surprised.
I tried the neti pot.  To late.  Already so stopped up, it won't work.  So I started popping benedryl like they are tic tacs.  Nope that isn't working either.  Tea? Lemon juice?  Hot lemon juice with Honey?  Crown Royal, in tea with lemon & honey?   Well, the teas did work, i didn't try the crown and tea, which I know works very well.  I also understand why it works.  If you drink enough, you just don't care that snot is running out of your nose like water out of a garden hose.  Which it is. 
Evan, is also very snotty, but I am quite convinced that he is alot tougher than I am or his isn't as bad as mine.  Bill will tell you that he doesn't have any allergies.  That is complete BullShit.  He doesn't have them very bad.  Just a day or so of occasional sniffling, when the elm tree out back blooms.  
So, Evan passed out about 6:30 last night, shortly after the benedryl kicked in, I didn't hear from him until about 12 am.  Thats when I noticed that Bill wasn't even home yet.  He left for work at 7 am and didn't get home till 1 am. This schedule still sucks.  But at least he is off today and tomorrow.  The bad thing is I do not want to go outside with the evil pollen monsters.
Evan does.  I just need to get to the store and find something that will work.  Claritin? Zyrtec?  Who knows, maybe I'll get them all and just start trying them all until I find a good cocktail that will banish the snot.  My Head feels like it going to explode, I really hope it doesn't. Well I do and I don't.  I do, because then my head wouldn't throb, I don't because if it did, no one but me would clean it up.
I will probably go with Claritin, since I have taken that before.  Why am I not taking it now??  Because I am a dumbass.  If I had started taking it on Aden's birthday, I probably wouldn't wouldn't be suffering right now, but like I said, I can be a real idiot.
I want to have a good weekend, since Bill is home.  I want to enjoy these two days and play outside, maybe grill something, enjoy the evening since I know Evan isn't like Aden and will be in bed and completely asleep by 7:30.  I really should go and get Bill up.  He doesn't like sleeping more than 6-7 hours.  And I am hoping that if we can get the grocery shopping done we can be back before the next contractor calls to come by today.  I still can't find a brick mason, they just aren't in the phone book.  If they are they certainly aren't listed under Mason.  The only thing under Mason is Masonic Lodge.  Maybe I should call them.  Surely they would know a guy.
Whatever, I will live.  My allergies were this bad the first spring after we moved up here.  I ended up taking Claritin an Nasonex, with a benedryl chaser at night.  That worked pretty well except that I had all of the listed side effects with the Nasonex.  I am fairly certain that bee wanted me dead.

Saturday.
Well, we went with Claritin for Evan and Claritin D for me.  After about 6 hours it seemed as if it was working for both of us.  Evan was feeling pretty good so after the trip the grocery store, Evan and Bill went outside to work in the yard.  I stayed inside, there was less pollen, not much less, but a little bit. 
Bill wants to put in a retaining wall in the back yard.  there is a pretty sizable hill and after looking at his plans, I agree it will be nice.  That will give me a little courtyard sort of area, Bill will get his BBQ area with seating and the boys and dog will get the rest of the yard to run rampant in.
Its been raining on and off, so the back yard is pretty swampy.  Evan loves to dig so thats what he and bill did.  They dug, big huge areas of mud now take up most of where I like to sit in the back yard.  Bill did discover that someone else must have had the same idea about the retaining wall.  While digging he found a good portion of a brick wall.  Didn't find the rest of the wall, but about a 3 x 2 section, intact.  It has been added to the brick pile. 
Bill also broke up a good section of my concrete sidewalk in the back.  He says he will replace it with brick.  He better.
Evan was so covered in mud.  He probably had mud a few inches thick all over him.  I had to make him take everything off, before he came in the house.  Now I have completely confused him.  I tell him all the time, that we don't go outside naked.  Then I go and have him take his clothes off before coming in the house.  At least most of our neighbors have young kids, they will understand I am sure.
While I washed the mud off, Bill grilled chicken.  It was nice.  Evan passed out about 6:30....sweet!!!!  So we watched a movie.  It was 21 with Kevin Spacey, the one about the kids from M.I.T. that count cards and wins loads of money in Vegas.  I guess it was a good movie, it would probably have been better if I understood what the hell it was they were doing.  But then, my math skills are not all that great.  Bill liked it alot.  But, he really likes math.
Today, the boys will head out to the hardware store to get pipes so Bill can start on the back bathroom, a bicycle pump, and misc other things that guys just have to get whenever they go to the hardware store. 
I will go to a few garage sales, the library & post office.  Aden, Nana & Papa all made it to the lake without incident.  Papa did get a little lost, 50 miles worth of lost, but they did eventually make it and Aden didn't get car sick.  They did have to stop every 40 minutes or so because Aden had to pee.  I wonder if it had anything to do with them giving him his own bottles of water to drink while they were driving???  Nah.  I am sure that him drinking 4 bottles of water had nothing to do with it:)

No comments: