Friday, April 29, 2011

So Excited!!!

I am so excited about the roofers finally getting started!!!  Bill and I are acting like kids, on Christmas Eve!.  Got the mammogram this morning.  It wasn't that bad, a bit squishy, but pretty quick and painless.  I should get the results within 7-10 business days.  I am not worried, not one little bit:)
So, this weekend should be pretty fun.  The weather is gorgeous and it won't be hot, which I like.  I can't find my big floppy sun hat though.  I may have to get another one, I have alot of gardening to do:).
The Irises have decided to go on ahead and start to bloom.  Nice.  I was hoping that they would hold off until the roof was done, so I could actually enjoy them. They way they are looking this morning, they could open up within a few days.  For some reason, it seems a bit early for that.  Bill is hoping that he can get the rest of the beans planted today. That is after he runs a new vent pipe from the kitchen up through the closet and then out the attic.  Thinking about that, I imagine that will take a while.  Whatever, the boys and I will be enjoying the sunshine.  I have pulled out all of my big planters and I should be able to do the herbs exclusively in planters.  We just need to get to Wal-Mart to get some soil.  And groceries, because the boys have ate all the food.  We decided we will go in the morning about 6 am.  There shouldn't be anyone there and hopefully they won't be wiped out of the stuff I need to get. 
We have been trying for the last couple of years to move some Star Jasmine, to get it closer to the house.  We just love it and it smells amazing!  So, of course, because the roofers are going to trample everything, we have a nice patch that decided to come up next to the stairs.  Maybe it will be close enough they won't step on it, and I can trellis it when they are done.  I'd like to eventually get that and the morning glories trellised on both sides of the porch and between the bay windows.  We'll see how that goes.
Bill got to go on a Home Depot shopping spree this morning.  He really needed some drywall shims and a framing nailer.  He got them and several other things, because he can't just get one or two things.  I almost wish Home Depot didn't have an online store.  We would probably not spend so much.  But, we had a coupon!  Well, not exactly a coupon but a $100.00 Gift card, so that came in really handy.  Instead of the bill being $170.00 it was only $70.00 with free shipping. Gotta love free Shipping.
So, today will be a day of making sure the guys have a clear path around the house and that nothing is in their way, and getting the garden in.
I wish they were starting, yesterday:).  So far the weather forecast is staying clear for next week, I hope it stays that way!
I think we should grill tonight and tomorrow. I have less to clean up that way, besides the boys love BBQ chicken. Maybe I should make some potato salad...hmmm, I don't know.
I did happen to catch part of the Royal Wedding, while I was waiting to get squished.  It was lovely.  But then I imagine, if I had that kind of money and my grandmother was queen, I'd have a really nice wedding too:). I really did like her dress. I am just glad its over and the news can go back to reporting things that actually affect most of us.  Like, the economy, the war, natural disasters, you know, the normal everyday crap.
I think that is about all I have for now, I need to go and change so I can play in the dirt:)

No comments: