Sunday, November 28, 2010

Countdown

Sunday, one of my least favorite days!.  Sunday is actually Monday for our family.  The first day of Bill's work week.  This day will be like most Sundays, lots of cleaning, laundry, chasing the boys, taking stuff away from the dog (who thinks that if you leave it on the floor or where she can reach it, it belongs to her, so she will destroy it).  Wait, that sounds like crap we do everyday.
Tomorrow should be interesting, Surgery @ 7am (they changed it yesterday from 8am). Which means Bill will probably get home about 2 hours before we have to be at the hospital.  Nana & papa are coming to watch the boys. Speaking of the boys they are so excited, they will be going home with Nana tomorrow to stay  the night- so of course they want me to leave now.
I am pretty ready.  Laundry is almost all done, a week's worth of food for Bill & the boys (in case I can't cook).  Presents are all wrapped (well at least the Hanuakkah ones are) We only have 2 more gifts to get but Bill can pick those up Friday on the way (if I get to go).  So as long as I get everything swept, dusted & mopped today we will be doing good.

It's a bit scary not knowing exactly what is going to happen.  I used to be pretty good at just 'winging it', but seemed to have lost that ability as I get older.  So, I will just focus on the fact that I will at least get a good 3 hour nap out of deal :)  all uninterupted- no one is going to ask me to do anything :) 
I have stocked up on books.  I checked out 7 yesterday that should get me to friday at least.  That is if I can actually focus enough to read.

Since I will finish up Terry Brook's  Genesis of Shannara today (the last book-Gypsy Morph) Somehow I missed it, but no worries all caught up now, I am Switching to R.A. Salvatore.

I don't think I have ever read any of his books that I haven't loved. I am probably half-way in love with Drizzit lol.  But I am going a bit away from my beloved Drizzit and checking out his series Spearwelders...who knows.

Just in case I am not thrilled with that series I also picked up Transitions since I have only read the first book in that series.  Drizzit is good for taking your mind off things- the fight scenes are remarkable and incredibly well written- but thats probably why R.A. Salvatore is such a successful author.

I would really like to find some new authors.  I will read anything and I pretty much do, but I really love fantasy. Not so much Science Fiction. Although I did enjoy some of Anne McCaffrey's stuff - the Pern series once they forgot where they came from. 
Are there any new Epic Fantasy authors out there that I haven't already read?  Loved Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson is doing a great job finishing up the series.  But who's new or old that I haven't read??  Every once in a while I will find someone I like.  Joanne Bertin a few years back wrote a couple of books I really loved (The Last Dragonlord), but to the best of my knowledge she has yet to finish the series. I have read the Hobbit to the boys twice, lsot them at Two Towers lol.  too much editing while reading I suppose. I guess that will be my New Years resolution, to find someone new.

Anyway I should really start getting stuff finished up for tomorrow. 

No comments: