Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stop Smoking Day 4 and Gravy

I have Decided that Bill is a very bad influence!!!!!  I did horribly yesterday.  I smoked 3 real cigarettes and only used the e-cig twice.  Wait, maybe that isn't such a bad thing...3 is less than 5, or it used to be, so maybe I did pretty well and I just didn't realize it.
So, much for Bill spending the day with us.  After the boys got back from speech we did the Wal-Mart run, the cover charge was more than usual. After that, Bill had to go to work, four and a half hours early. 
I actually got the entire downstairs vacuumed, mopped and dusted.  I was pretty proud of myself.  But it was a complete waste of time.  Within 15 minutes Evan dumped a cup of juice on the floor.  Then while I was upstairs with the boys cleaning their room, Sam decides to use the dining room as her own personal toilet.  Nice, Just Lovely.  She doesn't have accidents in the house.  So why did she just have to right after I mopped?  I have a theory.  She hates the smell of pine sol.  That has to be it.  Ha HA. I got her, I had to re- mop everything, so I used pine sol again!  That will teach her.
I was very surprised that I actually got to mop in the first place.  Trying to keep the boys still for more than 30 seconds is practically impossible.
I still ended up with foot prints & paw prints on the floors, but at least they were clean for a minute or two.
Moving right along, Gracie has decided to follow in her mother's footsteps.  When we got Mama fixed, she was about 8 years old, right after we brought her back home, within 3 days she had brought home some stray kitten she found, Dart.  Dart has his own little story somewhere else on the blog and I'm not going to get into that now.  Anyway, we noticed a small gray, very adorable kitten hanging around the porch about 3 days ago.  Normally, Gracie and Monkey won't allow another cat on there porch so it seemed a bit odd.  The kitten looks to be about 3 or 4 months old , maybe.  Yesterday evening, I looked out the window and there was Gracie, bathing this kitten.  Then I watched her scoot it over to the food dish.  Dammit! We do not need anything else that eats! Or needs Shots, or medications of any kind!.  I didn't say anything, I didn't chase it off.  I was kind of hoping that she would get bored with playing mommy and the kitten would wander to someone else's house.  No such luck.  Aden & Evan saw Sam sniffing like crazy at the door, so they had to investigate.  They saw the kitten.  Dammit Again! For about 1 hour, it was referred to as Gracie's baby.  They wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl and when Gracie had the baby.  After explaining that I have no idea if it is a boy or girl, because I haven't tried to check, they insisted on knowing when Gracie had the baby.  They do understand that babies come from the mother's belly. But I can't seem to make them understand "fixed" lol.  I kept trying to explain that Gracie can't have babies and she probably found the kitten and brought it home, or the kitten wandered over and she kept it, or she might have even stole the kitten.  Wrong choice of words.  Aden said we should call the Animal police, right then, Gracie should go to kitty jail. That took about 20 minutes to explain why that wasn't going to happen.  But, it was decided that the kitten's name is Gravy.  I have no idea why, that's just what they came up with.  We will have to see if it sticks around.

I decided yesterday that I would do Pilate's.  Another poor choice.  Today I'll just a little yoga. Tomorrow, I am not doing anything other than walking.  The boys and I will probably make a library run:)
Okay the natives are getting restless, I'm off to play referee.

No comments: