Sunday, March 6, 2011

I Missed Something

I went around all day yesterday thinking it was Sunday, only to wake up this morning and realize that today is Sunday.  Fuckitall.  I am sure you noticed the profanity has returned.  I figured out how to change the settings on here to only allow people over 18 years of age to read it.  I really don't think that is much of a security setting but it is what they have.  I only did that because I have a niece that apparently lives on the Internet and I don't really want her to stumble across this little corner of the multi verse.  So that is the reason I edited out alot of my more colorful language for awhile.  But now if anyone under 18 tries to read the blog they will get a 'warning' that will state that only persons over the age of 18 can read this blog, oh and they will have to click a button that says that they are verifying they are are over 18 to get to this blog.  I tell you what, I just feel so safe  now.  What a load of crap.  Now I can't say for sure what I would have done, since there wasn't an Internet when I was a kid, but knowing me, I am pretty sure I would have just clicked the "yes I am old enough" button and gone on ahead.  So that is my tiny little rant for the morning.  Now for my slightly bigger one.
So by the time the boys hit the bed last night they were both acting like they felt pretty good. No fevers, they were running around all crazy and fighting like well, they were fighting like they normally do.  No issues last night, a pretty lovely little coughing spell about 10:30pm and Aden moved into my bed about 11pm.  So no big deal really Bill put him back in his bed when he got home.  This morning however, is a whole other ballgame.
Both boys got up all happy and smiley.  Evan even used the bathroom without having to be reminded, oh and he stayed dry all night:)  But about half way through breakfast, Evan started coughing and wanted to be held and Aden decided he wasn't hungry and he wanted to lay down.  SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! AH Damn it.  So, I took the food away and checked them.  I swear I checked them no less than 20 minutes before to see if they had fevers and nothing, they weren't in the slightest bit hot.
But for some reason the 2nd time I checked they were both frying.  So I actually used the thermometer, because even though they feel like the fever is over 100 degrees, I can't really tell for sure.  I can only tell fever or not with my hand.  Evan is sitting at 102.3 and Aden at 101.6.  Yippee fuckin Skippy.  I am also out of Truvia so I am forced to drink my coffee with real sugar which I am not supposed to do, so I am sure that will bit me in ass later.  But I refuse to use that splenda stuff Fran brought over.  Anyway, I am still deciding whether or not I will let them ride out the fever as long as they are fairly comfortable or if I should make a preemptive move and dose them up....It doesn't seem like it is something I need to make an immediate decision on since they are feeling good enough to argue over something they saw on TV.   
Moving right along.  I posted before that I was feeling a little guilty about not talking about world issues and that I probably won't unless I just really feel the need.  Because this blog is my therapy.  I am pretty sure I have mentioned that before.... Anyway I got an email from someone who read the blog saying that they think I should talk more about world issues and politics.   I am really thrilled to get an email or any comments from this but, let's all just keep in mind the purpose of this particular blog.  It's just about crap I feel like rambling on about.  Stuff that I don't feel I should bother my few friends with and weird crap that I don't wish to freak out family with, we probably need some clarification on the family bit.  For the most part, Bill's family likes me, yes that right folks, they freakin' like me!  I would like to keep it that way.  My few friends are well aware of how strange I am, so I don't wish to make it any worse than it already is.  My few family members, well they will just have to deal, I am thinking the oddness is a biological trait,  so there isn't much I can do.
So I started this blog so I could vent and rattle on without disturbing people I know.  I can't really do the traditional journal thing because if I whip out a pen and some paper the boys go crazy and think I am making up menus or a shopping list.  So that just doesn't work.  Besides I have mad typing skills :)  Anyone else remember typing classes?  Do they still have those? Or did they do away with those because kids are now using the computer by the time they are 3 and just naturally can type.  I didn't say they can spell, because that appears to be a skill that is no longer taught.  I have some major issues with texting.  I just don't get it.  You have the flippin' phone right there in your hand....dial! Or if you are someplace you shouldn't be using the phone, perhaps you should just wait.  Remember way back in the day when you had to wait till you got home to call someone???  My God how did we live???  And these text messages they  send...... why can't they just spell the word or use abbreviations people can understand!!!!
Wait sorry I got off track..  See that is another reason I have the blog, I tend to vear off into other directions without any notice.  This is safer for everyone concerned.   :)
I just don't tend to voice my political opinions to people other than Bill, most of the time. But rest assured that when the mood strikes me, I will talk about it on here. 
This is my 10 minutes in the morning that I can use to get out as much of the sarcasm and shitty attitude as possible, so I don't go around all day and inflict it on innocent bystanders.  Okay so the only other people I see ever day are Bill & the boys, so I guess the truth of the matter is I need to get the sarcasm out before I use it on the boys and then they use it back on me.  Which while I find it strangely amusing, it also pisses me off.  But I can't get to mad at them, they are learning it from me.  That could be a good thing or a bad thing.
I also get requests wanting to know what is going on with Sam & Mama.  Not sure why that is. Unless it is just that people find it funny to hear that a Pitt Bull got her ass kicked by an old, Fat Cat.  Okay that is pretty funny.  But what you need to keep in mind is that Mama cat is about 18 years old and was feral when she decide to stay with us. She was also about 8 years old at that time.  That is already old for a feral cat.  She didn't live that long by being all cuddly and sweet.  We have seen her jump a fence and attack a full size Boxer.  For no reason other than the poor dog decided to walk to the front of his yard.  She was very fast and the poor thing didn't even get a chance to touch her before she jumped back over the fence and proceeded to lick her butt like nothing happened. The boxer was left with several good size gashes on his nose and ears.  Back to Sam, she is going to turn 2 years old in about 3 months.  She has been babied since she was rescued.  She may be alot bigger than Mama but she isn't quite as smart.  She doesn't stand a chance if/when Mama decides that she isn't in the mood to be sniffed, even though Mama is ancient and fat, she is still pretty quick.  She only likes to get up to eat and use the litter box.  Other than that, she wants to be left alone.  Sam is not a vicious dog.  She is really gentle and curious and perfect for the boys.  She plays well with some dogs, some she doesn't.  Cats fascinate her. She tries to play with Gracie and Monkey but they are terrified of her.  If they would stand their ground and not run, just once, everyone could be happy.  
Man I really went off track there lol. Anyway, this blog is once again all about me and me not bothering people with my petty little issues, of which there are many.
I have a few weeks left of recovery time and I am sure in that time I will watch more tv than is good for me and that I will see something that irritates me.  More than likely it will be political or religious in nature.  I promise only to blog about crap that I find stupid and irritating.  So there you go.  Most of the time, though, its going to be alot like today's blog.  Lots of crap only I care about :)

That being said, I have made a discover that I want to share.

I have come to the conclusion that Skinny Jeans do not make you look skinny.  You have to be skinny to wear them.  Now you know.

I am still irritated that it is only Sunday.  I think I will concentrate on getting the laundry done.  If the boys are still running fevers, its pretty pointless trying to disinfect the house. 

I will leave you with a favorite quote.....From Army of Darkness


Ash: Yeah!
[after shooting King Arthur's sword in half]
Ash: Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106308/quotes?qt0390806

No comments: