Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Beautiful Weekend!

Yesterday was so awesome!  We finally made a decision on the colors for outside the house.  It is final!  No one is allowed to change their minds, under penalty of slow and painful death :)
We got alot of stuff planted.  The rest of the green beans, Mesclun, Mustard, Spinach Mustard, Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, Roma Tomatoes, Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers, California Bells, Sweet Peas, Basil and cilantro.  As of this morning the Rosemary plant I bought is still alive. I'll keep an eye on it, but I also think I should probably stay away from it.  I don't want to kill it:)
So of course, we plant and now they are calling for frost tonight and tomorrow night.  Nice, now I will have to go outside and cover everything.  Luckily, I saved all the plastic we had covering the windows for the winter.  I should have plenty.  We have to cover the windows with plastic in winter, because the windows, being 122 years old, leak like sieves. We do everything we can to try and keep the gas bill down.  I imagine that once the roof is done and Bill can get more insulation up in the attic, that will make a significant difference, not only will heating, but with the electric bill in the summer.  Its really only the upstairs that gets unbearably hot in summer.  The downstairs stays pretty cool because of all the brick. But since we are using window a/c units, the electric bill can get pretty high in the late summer. 
We thought about getting central a/c when we had the new furnace put in, but the costs of installing it was just ridiculous.  I really don't think we need it.  Surely, we can suck it up for 6 weeks:)
We've done okay so far.
The boys got to ride their bikes yesterday, and they did really well.  No one broke anything.  So, I promised them that if the keep practicing we will be able to go to the park and they can ride their bikes there. I think that may end up taking a while, since they seem to prefer me pushing the bike to them actually pedaling.  Today, because we played in the dirt most of the day, I will get to spend the day cleaning up all the dirt.  At least this time, its not a bunch of mud.  That clay is hard to clean up.  I should at least have a good amount of help this time.  The point system is working out pretty well with the boys.  Unfortunately for them, yesterday they lost points almost as quickly as they earned them, but at least they aren't in the negative.  They did alot of fighting yesterday, so every time they earned a point for helping, they would get into an argument, and I would end up taking the point away.  Why can't we all just get along !  But, their room is still clean.  Aden used his first and only 10 points so he could play a game and he only has 4 points now.  Evan used his 10 to get back the big Buzz Lightyear.  He has 4 points now.  He wants to get back the Lego's and since I decided that 10 points only gets him 4 Lego's it may be awhile before I have to worry about stepping on them.  I really dislike legos. Aden seems more interested in earning TV and game time than getting his toys back.  Fine with me 10 points = 30 minutes of either, but only one.  I am so mean!!!
Alrighty then I need to go get busy, the cleaning fairies seem to have taken the weekend off, again.  I think I will freak the neighbors out and blast some music.  Since I am in love with song I think I'll just play this over and over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mwsapFBX4U

I really love this guy, I have no idea what he's saying, I think caliente is 'hot'?? 
Of course I had to play it before I posted the link, so Aden is busting out his zumba moves!  He's not too bad :)
I really do need to find more music to zumba too, but really don't know any really good salsa music or reggaeton, its proving a bit of a challenge.  Why is this music so appealing to me??  its a long way off of my usual.  The Eagles it is not lol. It also bugs me that I have no idea what they are saying 90 % of the time, oh well, Music knows no barriers:)
So, I am off to blast the music and we can clean our butts of to some music that we don't understand, but yet are quickly becoming addicted to.  Bill thinks that I may be missing Florida, subconsciously.   I don't think so really, but it would certainly be easier to find out what music I might like :)
Only 2 days, till the roofers start!!



<a href="http://www.hypersmash.com%22%3ehyper/ Smash</a>

No comments: